Are you all ready for the magical rabbit to hop to your homes and hide plastic containers of candy and loose change around your home and yard this weekend?
Whether you celebrate the resurrection of Jesus Christ, remember the beginning of springtime, or just enjoy the festive chocolates and candies that flood the stores, we at Stapley Accounting want to wish everyone Happy Easter and hope you enjoy everything that comes from this spring holiday.
Here are a few random facts about Easter:
- Americans spend $1.9 billion on candy, making it the second biggest candy holiday after Halloween.
- Egg dyes were once made from onion peels, tree bark, flower petals, juices, and other natural items.
- The first story of a rabbit hiding eggs in a garden was published in 1680.
- 76% of Americans think the ears of a chocolate bunny should be eaten first.
- The word “Easter” has a few possible origins, one being that it is derived from the goddess Eostre, who represents spring and fertility. Another theory is that it comes from an older German word for East which comes from an even older Latin word for Dawn.
- The white lily is the official flower of Easter.
- Americans eat more than 16 million jelly beans during this holiday.
Happy Easter everyone!
From Stapley Accounting, your QuickBooks and Tax Professionals.