Summertime is a time to enjoy the beautiful outdoors whether soaking up some sun, working in the yard, enjoying a leisurely walk or a demanding mountain hike, or recharging one’s batteries with a refreshing dip in the pool.
No one wants to be stuck in an office for hours and missing out on summer fun. Fortunately, technology and dedicated people are generating improvements to QuickBooks products allowing users a little more time for fun in the sun.
Here are just a few of the time saving features made to QuickBooks recently in case you haven’t seen them yet.
QuickBooks Desktop Pro and Premier
- Added search bar in the Chart of Accounts allows you to search for accounts or sub-accounts faster. Search by account name or number.
- Just one click in the report window permits you to toggle back and forth from Cash to Accrual basis reports (not be available on all reports).
- If you would like to see a speedier turn around on past due Accounts Receivable, you can now utilize the ‘Past Due’ stamp on all overdue invoices for emailing or printing. Don’t want the notice, simply toggle the notice off with one click.
- Two newly customizable inventory reports have become available for better flexibility and business insight: Inventory Valuation Summary and Inventory Stock Status by Item. Check them out.
QuickBooks Online (QBO)
- Paying contractors can now be done through direct deposit within QuickBooks Self Service and Full Service Payroll.
- Billing customers as a portion of a project is completed is now possible with Progress Invoicing. It’s a great way to help relieve the stress of waiting to complete a project before your company gets paid so you can get paid.
- Create and send professional customized invoices within Gmail and offer easy online payment options with QuickBooks invoicing for Gmail. You can access your invoice details anytime and everything stays up to date; you can track when an invoice was sent, viewed, paid and deposited.
Enjoy a little more time in the sun this summer with help from QuickBooks and your QuickBooks ProAdvisors here at Stapley Accounting. We can help whether you want a few more minutes, hours or a few more stress-free days. We are trained and dedicated to you and your business’s accounting and payroll needs in Cache Valley. Get in touch today!